Overlord - Change log
[1.21] - 2019-07-16
- Removed debug code that introduced errors on line 1920 and 1178 on text layers with center anchor point enabled
- Bug that tried to download updates like the updatable version
[1.2] - 2019-07-14
- Both panels open is no longer required. Just open the one you like using. Thanks to Remco Jansen for the help on this.
- Native Ae guides support for CC2019+
- Support for All Caps text options by transforming text
- Support for Ai symbols with Break Symbols button
- Text layer blending modes
- Deauthorize button for removing license key from a shared machine
- Holding SHIFT when pressing the New Artboard/Comp, does the inverse –new Ai comp button (orange) becomes a new comp button (purple). Thanks to Lars Jandel for the idea.
- Zeroing anchor points from v1.11 failed to fully move paths
- Center layer did not work on text layers
- Text not aligning when comp and artboard were different sizes
- Error when holding shift while a lower level property group is selected
- Text layer opacity
- Text layer rotation
- Holding shift when transferring text with a shape selected
- Prevent error when dropping file into panel
- Reintroduced an old behavior with a preference when updating shapes to respect comp position or local layer position
- Moved parametric shape positions to the group transform rather than the shape itself
- Updatable version has been removed for added stability
[1.12] - 2018-03-20
- Accidentally left some debugging code in v1.11 release
- Error on line 1745
- Error on line 1331
- Error on line 1822
[1.11] - 2018-03-20
- Zeroing out the anchor point on paths and parametrics when Center Anchor Point is enabled
- Removed redundant fill opacity and replaced it with group opacity to reduce stroke transparency as well
- Error on line 1247 - clipping masks on compound shapes
- Error on line 1247 - clipping masks on groups. Single clipping groups on a layer become layer masks to simplify layers.
- Text along a path isn’t supported but now the won’t make transfers fail
- Better detection of group blending modes
- Better detection nested group opacity
[1.10] - 2018-02-27
- Support for Ai gradient fills and strokes (yayayayaya)
- Update fill and stroke colors from Ai
- Support for clipping masks
- Factored in Ae layer Position/Anchor Point transforms when transferring to Ai
- Hidden Ai objects within a group will not be transferred to Ae
- Text alignment
- Text leading (supported in Ae CC2017.2)
- Empty text layers broke the whole transfer
- Text not transferring from Ai CC2014
- Further corrected the addition of type name line breaks
- Smarter layer adding when Ae layers selected
- Moved parametric shape positioning into the parametric group itself to simplify keyframing and make converting to bezier much cleaner
Thanks: This update would not have been possible without the generous testing time of: Kyle Martinez, Jeff Salvado, Drew Jackson, Nicolas Doretti and Wojciech Piekarczyk.
[1.03] - 2017-11-16
- Support for Ai Spot Color tints
- Preference to use New Artboard button to create a new Ae comp from an artboard’s dimensions
- Created two install versions: Updatable and Stable. Updatable will allow the panel to be updated by opening Settings and downloading directly without needing to download, install or restart Ae/Ai. For users experiencing issues with the panel not displaying buttons immediately, the Stable version provides a less dynamic system of loading the required files. With Stable, Overlord updates will need to be downloaded manually from gumroad.com/library.
- Optimized Settings panel
- Accidentally added line breaks to text layer naming which broke expressions that used a layer name
- Unnamed shapes were naming their shape groups “null"
[1.02] - 2017-10-24
- Preference in settings to disable app switching when pushing shapes to Ae. Some Windows users report Ae resizing when switching which is terribly annoying.
- Layer blending modes (Color Burn, Color Dodge, Soft Light, Hard Light, Saturation, Color) failed to transfer
- Compound paths failed when explode modifier enabled
- Empty layer name when Ai=Ae when sending a single, unnamed layer. Now it defaults to an incremented layer name.
- Panel failed to resize on some systems (requires zxp install)
- Core CEP now overwrites existing bundle files
- Removed error when transferring Ai pattern fill/stroke
[1.01] - 2017-10-18
A glitch with the licensing unlock
[1.0] - 2017-10-18
[0.27] - 2017-10-11
- Layer blending modes
- Error messaging system in panel removes the need for unnecessary popups
- ngAnimate has been added to the the core extension. Error messaging will appear as sharp cuts until the new zxp has been installed.
- Licensing system
- Removed error when pushing Ai art with no elements selected
- New Ray palette can now be the first Ae comp created
- Text justification was not factored in and become misaligned when transfered
- Removed an error when trying to update a path with a text object
- Catch for updating a path and having a keyframe selected
- Ungroup exploded layer groups within a shape layer to make further ESL exploding more natural
- If no Ai elements selected do not switch apps on Push. Switching indicates a completed Overlord action.
- If no Ai swatches selected do not switch apps on Push Swatches. Switching indicates a completed Overlord action.
- If no Ai guides present do not switch apps on Push Guides. Switching indicates a completed Overlord action.
- Reversed the order that shapes pulled into Ai are created to match the top-down layer stacking order of Ae.
[0.26] - 2017-10-10
- Download animation didn't turn off after downloading to indicate completion
- Removed the default layer name in prefs in favor of pulling from the Ai layer name if shapes or groups are not named
[0.25] - 2017-10-09
- I broke the Settings window while debugging like a moron
[0.24] - 2017-10-09
- Accidentally disabled explode shapes
- Retains Ai layer name when transferring an unexploded selection
- Center Layer switch centers each layer when Explode switch enabled
- Text misalignment
- Ae layer build failed when an existing layer's property was selected, even if it didn't update anything
- Preference switches more responsive click area
- Preference switches lit background color when enabled for cleaner visibility as a toggle switch
[0.23] - 2017-09-30
- Detect Parametric Shapes is now on the main panel because it didn't make sense to be hidden in settings.
- Open the user folder with alt click on Update
- Zack Lovatt (the genius) found a crazy error that would break everything if you had never installed a Battle Axe tool before.
- Removed Update Shape and Update Color buttons in favor of automatically updating a shape or color depending on whether or not you have an appropriate property selected.
- Visual tweaks to the preference panel
[0.22] - 2017-09-25
- Creating a new doc from an AE comp created a 1920x1080 instead of pulling the comp data
- Accidentally removed the interface brightness adjustments
[0.21] - 2017-09-22
- Support for CC2018 prerelease
- Removed the dumb Installing the necessary files. Wait a sec. message that got stuck on v0.20.
[0.20] - 2017-09-18
(skipped some numbers to match the extension version)
- AI button to create a new artboard from the active AE comp
- UI colors respond to app interface brightness
- Dashes pushed back to Ai
- Support for Ai Greyscale color mode
- A janky animation to indicate update downloading
- New artboard icon
- Detection between a line of text and a box of text
- Bug with trying to split a text layer into multiple shape layers
- Ellipse/Rect shape with an open edge still detecting as a parametric shape from AI
- Cleaned up copy on tooltips
[0.06] - 2017-09-15
- Support for CC2014. Download Overlord-Beta_0.19.zip to install fresh if using a version of AE prior to 2015.3.
- App switching for all Push commands to ensure user sees what's happening
- New functionality to pull shapes from, as well as push to, the other app
- Explode top-most groups while building preference (previously only available by holding ALT)
- Moved Center anchor point to art pref to panel
- Moved Center art to comp pref to panel
- Main icons
- New Ray Palette preference took precedence over being inside of an existence Ray palette comp
- Increment the naming of new Ray comps
- Support for CMYK color conversion. Still some color shift happening when mathematically converting color modes, but will switch the Ai doc prior to import on next version.
[0.05] - 2017-09-11
- Initial beta release